Mental Health Resources

The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress (and to their loved ones) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States. 


In a medical emergency, such as a suicide attempt or alcohol or drug overdose, call 911 or proceed immediately to the emergency room of the nearest local hospital.

If you need assistance locating long-term (non-emergency) mental health resources, call 211 to speak with a live person who can help. In Milwaukee County, you can also call the 24-hour crisis line, at 414-257-7222.

For an updated list of Milwaukee area mental health resources, including information about free counseling and crisis services, please visit this page maintained by the City of Milwaukee. For Brown County, visit this page maintained by NAMI.

The Community Resiliency Model (CRM) was developed to support community members in helping themselves and others within their social networks. "The primary focus of this skills-based, stabilization program is to re-set the natural balance of the nervous system."

Overview of CRM Wellness Skills